From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 20:18:28 GMT

On Jan 8, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Jun Heider wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Michael Schmalle wrote:
>
>> Hi Jun,
>>
>> I was just trying to get a date for starting the contest really since I'm putting
it up on the site. I guess starting it on Tuesday morning for one week is the gameplan. That
is what I am going off of until told otherwise.

>> Mike
>>

> No worries. What you've done so far has been awesome and most appreciated. I was more
referring to all the back and forth on this particular thread after the voting had taken place.
 I guess I just need to get used to how decisions are made the "Apache Way" :)

With my mentor hat (newly minted) - it was good to see this final back and forth.  It resolved
the direction of the effort well. It showed great consensus building.

Here is a page about decision making at Apache. [1]

It is referred to by this page. [2]

HTH,
Dave

[1] http://community.apache.org/committers/decisionMaking.html