From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Re: Compiler optimization for getter/setter
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:30:47 GMT
I'm not saying we shouldn't optimize, the point of my response was to
clarify how it currently works,

> True, unless the handler is inefficiently written,

we all know that any code that is inefficiently written isn't good.

> but even then, the
> handler is pounded an awful lot and it would be nice to optimize
> that a bit.

Currently it is very easy to stop handlers being pounded by specifying
a custom event.

> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

I can't comment on your future suggestions as its early days, you have
been busy, and details of these suggestions are sparse.

Tink