From Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex SDK code conventions
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:31:10 GMT
Jun,

I apologize... I didn't mean to make it sound like everyone should be using command line SVN!
My recommendation is limited to the poor soul(s) that will be tasked with getting the repository
moved and ready to go... I've used a number of GUI clients and found that most implement only
a sub-set of SVN features. For fine-grained operations, I've had to fallback to the command
line to get things done. Also, there is an issue with speed. Visual updates in a GUI client
slow SVN operations down considerably... so... if you're getting paid hourly - disregard anything
I've said. ;-)

--
Rick Winscot

On Friday, January 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Jun Heider wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2012, at 3:03 PM, Rick Winscot wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure about SmartSVN - I'm a command-line kinda guy. In fact... for an operation
this large I would recommend _not_ using a GUI client for sake of speed and stability.

> I may be in the minority and I'm not opposed to using the command-line, but it's 2012
and when you have a decent GUI tool why not use it? Also, I think if we want a higher amount
of community involvement in the long run forcing command line only might be a detriment.