From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:13:16 GMT

On Jan 8, 2012, at 1:41 PM, Michael Schmalle wrote:

>>> No worries. What you've done so far has been awesome and most appreciated. I
was more referring to all the back and forth on this particular thread after the voting had
taken place.  I guess I just need to get used to how decisions are made the "Apache Way" :)

>> With my mentor hat (newly minted) - it was good to see this final back and forth.
 It resolved the direction of the effort well. It showed great consensus building.

>> Here is a page about decision making at Apache. [1]
>>
>> It is referred to by this page. [2]
>>
>> HTH,
>> Dave
>>
>> [1] http://community.apache.org/committers/decisionMaking.html
>> [2] http://community.apache.org/committers/index.html
>
> So regarding the VOTE, seeing as the lazy consensus is usually the way, was this necessary
for the contest rules?

> I don't want to be starting stuff like this and have people saying, man what is his problem.
:)

In many ways this [VOTE] thread was more a consensus building [DISCUSS]. I didn't want to
dampen an enthusiastic discussion that was getting somewhere with technicalities. Projects
find their own way of working, and the time will come to cover necessary formalities with
private votes to add committers and public votes about release candidates.

One thing that ought to be cleared up in the next week is the procedure for voting on the
contestants. Will it be a ranked order until a choice is the majority? Will it be the most
votes no matter how few? Will it be a run-off between the top two? This is up to this PPMC.

Regards,
Dave