From Jun Heider <...@realeyes.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 18:29:06 GMT

On Jan 8, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Michael Schmalle wrote:

> Well from the standpoint of fairness wouldn't we do a;
>
> while (runnerup = contestants.next())
>  if (runnerup.agreeToLicense())
>     break;
>
> winner = runnerup;
>
> I know that is stupid but it's Sunday.

I don't think this is stupid.  I say go with the copy you have and we can use twittering as
our crowd sourcing.  If we want to be doubly-careful we can respond to submissions and ask
if the designer will be cool with signing and ICLA if they win before their submission is
made public for voting.

Also...my two cents...I am floored at the enthusiasm on this list and not trying to discourage
it, but it seems like we're over-thinking this a little bit. We've had enough binding votes
from the PPMC and a game plan, and now it feels like we're back in a planning phase rather
than taking action. ;-)