From Arnoud Bos <arn...@artim-interactive.nl>
Subject Re: Advice for Logo Contest Round 2
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:46:47 GMT

Hmmm

I wonder how you explained the future of flex to your top marketeers 'who laughed their head
off'
Cause one of their preferred logo's looks like a styled infinity sign (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/).

I'm sure we all agree here that even if we reinvent flex, it still won't last forever.
Thinking that would be a little naive imho :-)

So far for the correct message that reflects the future of flex clearly ;-)

Ah well...

On 24-01-2012, at 08:10, kitashima tomo wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> It nice to see the 3 Apache Flex logo are shorlisted for the final round.
> Seems like some of my good friends do not find it acceptable (my friends
> are the marketer
> working in the top 500 companies). They laughed their head off at PPMC's
> and voters' poor taste for nominate bad design logos. One of my friend
> even made a
> sarcastic remark of the Flex community are heading for a *sinking* since
> brand image are very important and do reflect how the customers' view
> the community.
>
> To confirm my doubt, I have contact some of the logo designers, they agree
> the top 3 logos hold no distinctive and meaningless except #12 and #50 seem
> reflect the future of Apache Flex clearly. It may be *advisable* for the
> community to reconsider the contest. I wish to disclaimer that I'm not
> speaking up for anyone.
>
> Please ignore my advice if you find my message is of no importance. I wish
> the community good luck then.
>
> Lastly, I wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year 2012.
>
> rgds,
> Kitashima Tomo

Met vriendelijke groet,

Arnoud Bos