From "Dimitri k." <k...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: Petition: Flash Catalyst must survive
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:01:26 GMT
> This is a quick reminder of a petition I started a few weeks ago:
> Please sign it and enjoy designing nice looking Spark components with
> Flash Catalyst CS5.5
> -- Sebastian

Sorry, but it's clearly a lost battle from the start.
Adobe had to make difficult decisions with its reorientation toward digital
marketing/ digital media, but the abandon of Flash Catalyst must have been
one of its easier one.
Sales were poor. People already voted with their wallets.
It could have been a great tool for all of us, I know it was for a few ones,
but it's gone.
And also don't forget: Adobe won't developp the Design View in Flash Builder
anymore, because of the tight integration with the Apache Flex SDK it would
have required. Flash Catalyst would be worse, because part of the SDK was in
fact written to help FC compatibility. Without real control over the SDK, FC
is now almost impossible to handle for Adobe, in a ROI kind of way anyway.