From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [Binding] Logo - final tweaks
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:05:10 GMT

On 1/27/2012 1:48 PM, Rick Winscot wrote:

> Can someone copyright a font?
>
> Yes! Fonts are 'HUGE' assets in the computer world. Have you ever
> heard of http://www.ascendercorp.com/ ?
  Never heard of them; and I'm not sure what linking to that
communicates to me.

  My intuition selling something under a license and having it protected
under copyright are not inherently the same thing.  A license violation
is not inherently the same thing as a copyright violation.

  Based on some minimal research; it looks like only scalable fonts are
copyrightable.  ( http://nwalsh.com/comp.fonts/FAQ/cf_13.htm ).
Definitely seems like an interesting legal subject; but there is
probably no need to go deeper on the list

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur