From Tomasz MaciÄ…g | Fuse Collective <t.mac...@fusecollective.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Logo - final tweaks
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:43:51 GMT
First I want to clarify something. I didn't create the logo, my company
(Fuse Collective) did. I'm Manager/Developer and I only submitted it to
the contest. To be precise Adrian Knopik (Rarr) made the logo (he's
creative partner).

After everything I've learned from Flash/Flex community over the years I
would be really happy to finally give something back so you have our
full attention.
To make this processes work I want to ask you for you input about the
logo. Feel free to write what you like about it and what you don't like
(e.g. colors, typo ...). You could also show some references (e.g other
logos) to give us visual explanation of your thoughts.
It would made my life easier if you tried not to engage in discussion
about opinions of other people so we'd stay on topic. I'll gather all
info and talk it trough with my creative team. After that I'll summarize
what we'll be doing (if required talk it over with PPMC members) and
when you can expect to see results.

For PPMC members.
Since you'll be decision makers please add [Binding] to you message so I
can easily distinguish you.
Also it would be great if you could change my name to company name as
creator on apache flex site so Fuse Collective could get recognition for it.

Below are things that we feel are important.

A. Naming convention/typography.
What naming convention should we use? (Which name in "Apache Flex" is
more important or maybe their equal and should be same size?)
Personally I think "Flex" should be bigger since it is the projects name.
I think we should try and work on typography to give it more
corporate/software look & feel.

B. Color.
I think we should try and see what this could look like in different
colors and create up to 3 different color variations.

C. Additional branding elements.
I want to ask you where and in what way the logo may be used by
community? (On what kind of materials you want to see or use it?)
Below are my examples of additional elements:
1. T-shirts. I think we could create t-shirts for Apache Flex community
members and PPMC members so we could stand out while attending
conferences/giving presentations.
2. Logo Motion. Up to 5 seconds animation that can be use for intro in
video related staff (like tutorials). Something like
http://fusecollective.com/#/flex-creative or
http://fusecollective.com/#/inscripts.
3. Key visual. Graphic/illustration that can be easily adopted and used
in wide range of materials (e.g presentations). Something like this
<http://fusecollective.com/assets/projects/interaktik/interaktik_6.jpg>
created for this logo
<http://fusecollective.com/assets/projects/interaktik/interaktik_2.jpg>.
4. Desktop wallpaper.
5. Badge. You could use them on you blog or make actual badge and pin it
to you shirt :)

D. Apache Flex website.
I don't know it's possible, but later on we could think about making
some nice and clean design for Apache Flex website (it could go public
with the first release).