From Tomislav Pokrajcic <tomis...@svemir.net>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:45:07 GMT
On 26.1.2012. 20:37, Alex Harui wrote:
> Building a capability into a single framework where you can grab
> bitmaps from the display list, hide the display list, use the GPU to
> render a really slick animation, and bring the modified display list
> right back on top of the final results might be a better way to get
> the best of both worlds.

We use similar dirty trick for speeding up transitions of some heavy
views and the difference is noticeable.
However, we only use it quick and primitive way by manually taking view
snapshots and packaging them with the app.
Not sure how complicated would be to implement framework support for
automatically taking view snapshots and using them in transitions, but
it would be a cool feature.

Tomislav