From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Codename for the new version?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 03:15:49 GMT
On 1/25/2012 9:51 PM, Rodrigo Pandini wrote:
> If are, I suggest do a contest, as we are doing for the logo.
  With all due respects; I think we (both PPMC Members&  mailing list members, and especially
the folks who did the hard work on the first contest) need a break before we try to take on
another contest.

  It is true, as Jonathon said, that if you're a committer, you can't create your own code
name for any development you want to do.

  I believe--according to the Apache License--that any non-committer should be able to take
the code out of the Apache SVN and create use their own code name for any development they
want to do.  You'll have to get a committer to commit it back to Apache Flex, though.  Or
find your own release mechanism outside of the scope of Apache Flex.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur