From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Advice for Logo Contest Round 2
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:37:41 GMT
On 1/25/2012 4:37 AM, Avinash Narayanan wrote:
> I never really get the importance of a logo. From what I understand, we are
> not going to be 'marketing' flex anymore but plain and simple drive it
> through word of mouth.
  Word of mouth isn't marketing?
  That said, I do expect many companies will want to use the Flex logo
in marketing oriented 'stuff'.
  360|Flex [or other conferences] may want to use it as part of
conference promotion, saying something like "We cover Apache Flex" or
"The Best Place to learn about Apache Flex" or something like that.
  Flextras [or other component/commercial vendors] may want to use it in
promotion; along the lines of "Our components/other products work with
Apache Flex"
  IDE [or other tool] creators may want to say something like "Our
Product supports Apache Flex..]

  And so on...
  Apache has trademark guidelines which would dictate the third party
usage.  My understanding was that "as long as it doesn't cause
confusion, it's probably okay."

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur