From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Trace & Log
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:52:39 GMT
Hey there,

I just took a little time and ran some tests with flash.trace.Trace. It
is not
suitable for logging because it doesn't reveal how far down the rabbit hole
(stack) the method has been called from, ergo: we cant find out which
method called logging. And even if it would have: Having no runtime
support is also a dealbreaker and the chances are high that it would
have been slower if you used this method for every call rather than a
exception just for the logging calls.

http://www.leichtgewicht.at/862/flash-trace-trace-in-depth/

yours
Martin.