From Keith Sutton <ke...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: State of the Project
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:04:28 GMT
Having the vision/mission worked out is important to any project moving
forward however it is also important to have (or be aware of) the
necessary resources and support needed for success. Some of the
necessary pieces sometimes go beyond the code into the
platform/ecosystem/community/industry. The lack of automation and SDK
3.x  (as two examples) do not make the 4.6 code unusable but it does
hamstring an important segment of the ecosystem/industry which could
compromise the project's ability to succeed (before it ever gets off the
ground).

At this point Apache Flex is in the position of waiting for donations
and Alex and co are stuck in the position of being the messengers (and
we know what happens to them).

If automation and SDK 3.6 (as two examples) are considered critical by
the project to it's health and success within the ecosystem/industry
then how is Apache Flex going to influence the decision makers at Adobe?

Clearly a developer Automation is a significant e