From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Red Tamarin ( Rocking Flex on CLI )
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 06:24:16 GMT
Photoshop, Chrome and Firefox are applications not written in AS3 ...
that does not mean AS3 is useless. Having server and client code written
in the same language can remove a lot of hurdles.

Aside from that, executing code in command line can be useful for AS3
shells (presentations, quick&dirty tests,..), unit test codes etc. where
one doesn't need a UI.

Also, who knows, maybe tamarin will once be a reasonable alternative to
application servers.

yours
Martin.