From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Logo voting
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:54:48 GMT
On 1/18/2012 2:40 PM, Doug Arthur wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Rui Silva<flex@rduartes.net>  wrote:
>> I agree with João (that's why I proposed a 5 points systems :) ). I think there
are far too many entries and far too few PPMC members to have that sort of vote. +1, 0, -1
works really well for an all or nothing selection, but as soon as you have several options
(we have 54 entries), the probability of a tie is fairly high and might require some rounds
to solve.
> I don't know. I'm not sure I'm sold on the 5 points system yet. We
> could come up with 20 different opinions and still end up with 20 ties
> if all the points are applied to one logo that each PPMC member likes.
> I think only +1 is necessary.
  I'd be willing to use this approach, and like it better than the "pick
five".  Although looking at the logos; there are some I like; some I'm
indifferent to; and some I really don't like.  By only +1ing; I'm only
voting a third of my opinion.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur