From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Logo voting
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 18:55:31 GMT

  Apache already has a voting process, and I suggest we use that for
choosing the logo.

  I know a few people expressed worry about offending designers by
giving them a -1 vote--but they did enter a design contest and I am
comfortable judging them.

  I would advocate this approach:

1) Put together a vote email which lists a link to all the logos (the
list can be anonymous/randomized so the designer names are not displayed
during voting)
2) People vote on every logo, either a using 1, 0, or -1.
3) Someone [I'm willing to take care of it] calculates the tallies; and
presumably something will rise to the top.
4) If there is a tie; we do a revote w/ just the ones that are tied.

  I agree that only PPMC (binding) votes should be counted.  I am not
opposed to counting non-binding votes; but the two tallies should be
kept separate.  If the community ends up w/ a different choice than the
PPMC; then it may be a sign that PPMC should re-evaluate.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur