From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:56:58 GMT
On 1/18/2012 10:34 AM, Omar Gonzalez wrote:
> First, I'll wait, we've been waiting for info from Spoon for over a year,
> what's two more weeks? ;)
  You've been waiting over a year for a project announced April 2011 (9
months ago) ?  [How oblivious was I to the project in those early days?]

> Second, you say "we've felt that it is best to not bring in people"... I
> thought this code is coming to Apache... and as such, why is it that Spoon
> is still deciding (or thinks it is deciding) who to bring in to code on the
> project?
  I expect Spoon will be more than coding.  In fact I think Spoon (as an
organization) will have no say in code now that Apache is in the picture.

> It all makes me think back to the Spoon sessions at MAX where Michael
> Labriola jokingly called himself "the Benevolent Dictator" of the project
> direction... it almost feels like there was a hint of truth under that joke
> that is trying now to manifest itself here.
   I have not seen Michael doing anything "Dictatorish" in the Apache
project.  In fact he's been surprisingly silent considering the amount
of traffic on this list.

  That said; from an outsider it has appeared Spoon does not have their
"act together" yet.  It took a few months after filling out the
volunteer form before I heard anything back; inviting me to three diff
mailing lists.  One I never heard anything from; one I was told was no
longer used and the third has seen almost no traffic.

  But, it is what it is.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur