From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Flex "code cleanup"?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:17:29 GMT
There is (a) "unused code" in the meaning its not used within the flex
framework and there is (b) "unused" code in the meaning that its not
used in the community.

(a) will become more as the sdk gets cleaned up and uses
new/better/faster systems
(b) is always ZERO. Its possible to deprecate methods but the flex
framework has (had?) a too big reach to for anything to be never used.

The big issues with the flex framework (from a as3 dev perspective) are
the dependencies everywhere. Not just classes but also methods. Just
take MatrixUtil for example: tons of methods. If we now need but one of
them all of them get added to the swc - bloating the resulting swf size
totally.

However: This kind of "spring-cleaning" is just possible with a unit
testing system up and running.

yours
Martin.