From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [LOGO] Robert Cesaric
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:17:53 GMT

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fedex+logo&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=MjE&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=pYUUT5r2AsqR0QG5o9GwAw&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1333&bih=873

  Here is it highlighted:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LvQZma5Gfk8/TS1ie4j_6CI/AAAAAAAAAB0/n51kJ4himx0/s1600/fedex-logo.jpg

   Once you see it, you'll never not see it.

On 1/16/2012 2:46 PM, Dany Dhondt wrote:
> Jeffry,
>
> What logo do you mean? A search on FedEx logo didn't show me an arrow..
>
> Dany
>

> Op 16-jan.-2012, om 20:43 heeft Jeffry Houser het volgende geschreven:
>
>>   At some point; should someone say:
>>
>> "Fedex already has an arrow in their logo between the E and the X and we should probably
avoid using that same approach with Flex"

>> On 1/16/2012 2:36 PM, Dany Dhondt wrote:
>>> Robert,
>>>
>>> I agree with Jeffry concerning the arrow pointing down; + The rectangle logo
needs some more simplifying to get a real icon look.

>>> Concerning the logo variations you sent: the bottom logo in the second column,
with the unaltered X and the arrow not cutting through the L is WAY BETTER I believe. The
arrow is now stylized but still very recongnizable. The logo gets more 'icon' feel than before.
This looks great.

>>> Dany
>>>

>>> Op 16-jan.-2012, om 20:23 heeft Robert Cesaric het volgende geschreven:

the bottom logo in the second column:  http://cesaric.com/apache/flex/Flex_Logo_Designs.png.
 I think that's the variation you mentioned.  I didn't want to carpet bomb the contest with
different versions so I forced myself to choose one.  I'm torn but if anyone else agrees on
that variation, I'll be happy to change my submission.

  'E" of FLEX as a way of blending the lettering and design together.  I wasn't opposed to
a lowercase 'flex' but similar to Doug McCune's remark, I couldn't make it work in an enterprise
way either.  Not that it can't be, I'm just not that good ;-)

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur