From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [LOGO] Robert Cesaric
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:43:44 GMT

   At some point; should someone say:

  "Fedex already has an arrow in their logo between the E and the X and
we should probably avoid using that same approach with Flex"

On 1/16/2012 2:36 PM, Dany Dhondt wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I agree with Jeffry concerning the arrow pointing down; + The rectangle logo needs some
more simplifying to get a real icon look.

> Concerning the logo variations you sent: the bottom logo in the second column, with the
unaltered X and the arrow not cutting through the L is WAY BETTER I believe. The arrow is
now stylized but still very recongnizable. The logo gets more 'icon' feel than before. This
looks great.

> Dany
>

> Op 16-jan.-2012, om 20:23 heeft Robert Cesaric het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Dany, I uploaded the designs I as tinkering around with.  Take a look at the bottom
logo in the second column:  http://cesaric.com/apache/flex/Flex_Logo_Designs.png.  I think
that's the variation you mentioned.  I didn't want to carpet bomb the contest with different
versions so I forced myself to choose one.  I'm torn but if anyone else agrees on that variation,
I'll be happy to change my submission.

>> I think a lot of us saw the implementation of using the capital 'F'&  'E" of
FLEX as a way of blending the lettering and design together.  I wasn't opposed to a lowercase
'flex' but similar to Doug McCune's remark, I couldn't make it work in an enterprise way either.
 Not that it can't be, I'm just not that good ;-)

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur