From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: AS3 Enhancements: method overloading. Why do people want this?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:56:21 GMT
Namespaces do not work for interfaces.

Aside from that: your example might become stressful if you work on
combinations:

namespace string_string;
namespace string_number;
namespace number_number;
namespace number_string;

string_string function sum(a:String, b:String): String;
string_number function sum(a:String, b:Number):String;
number_string function sum(a:Number, b:String):String;
number_number function sum(a:Number, b: Number): Number;

Also having to use those methods is almost of no joy:

myObj.string_string::sum("a","b");
or

use string_string;
myObject.sum("a","b");

and this is just for simple types, imagine what it looks like for
complex types with namespaces

namespace org_project_type_MyType__String;

Again: I am living a little in a theory space, so: Yes, you can do that
but doing it properly is really, really uncomfortable.

yours
Martin.