From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: AS3 Enhancements: method overloading. Why do people want this?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:45:36 GMT
The two "test" methods actually had different arguments (one wanted a
string the other one an int).

The descriptive long names such as sendString are funny as long as they
are short. I have had occasions
where I wanted to differ between a complex object and a string
representation: sendString(), sendQuery(), then there were two totally
different type of Querys
sendGeneratedQuery, sendSuperQueryFromHell,
sendTheRoomServiceObjectThatNoOneEverWanted(). (just saying)

yours
Martin.