From James Roland Cabresos <j.cabre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AS3 Enhancements: method overloading. Why do people want this?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:31:52 GMT
I remember wanting to have this feature back then when I was developing
along side a developer who's using BlazeDS and I was using the Data
Services feature on my end to generate the VOs and services. I remember
banging my head when the data services throws an error I have no idea of
when generating a service class that has overloaded methods. It took me
a while to realize that was the reason because I wasn't knowledgeable
yet with method overloading. Resolving the issue was such a pain as the
developer on the backend side need to refactor the services to appear as
below:

On Monday, 16 January, 2012 11:02 PM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:
> While I'm no prueist OOP chest-beater, I would love to see method
> overloading.  I deal a lot with back-end communication systems, and one
> thing I hate doing over, and over, and over again are methods like :
>
> public function sendAsString(stringToSend:String):bool
> public function sendAsBool(boolToSend:Boolean):bool
> public function sendAsArray(arrayToSend:Array):bool
> public function sendAsInt(intToSend:int):bool

I definitely would support this feature, but knowing the scope of this
project, I wouldn't push or be optimistic about having this supported.