From Jeffry Houser <>
Subject Re: Have Adobe ever published a list of what they are giving to Apache?
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:06:46 GMT
On 1/13/2012 7:06 PM, Stephane Beladaci wrote:
> Hey guys, even though I do appreciate the effort to spread the word
> and secure Apache Flex social presence, I believe it should be handles
> for someone designated by the community with the proper
> qualifications.
   So, my offensive question of the day...
  What makes you the person with proper qualifications to do this?
Since you aren't one of the initial commiters, nor a mentor?

> Also, there is another thread on the mailing list that indicates we
> are in violation of the Incubator publicity rule, no publicity is
> allowed for Apache Flex for now, if I understand well.
  Also on the thread, Bertrand [our sponsor] stated that we were not in
violation.  Code had been submitted; the project is in it's incubation
stage, and public mailing lists are set up.
> Anyhow, when you create a Facebook page you have to make sure you do
> it right and immediately secure the username for that page,
  To get an alias (AKA username) for a page you need a minimum number of
users.  It used to be 100.  It was eventually lowered to 25.  See the
third question here:
regarding requirements.

> otherwise
> you will be promoting a product and the existence of a page to others
> who will eventually secure the username and hijack your short URL (ir
> which will make you look like the unofficial
> page and that other unauthorized page look like official, not good!!
  I have no idea how you secured a username for the page without 25
fans.  I believe for us to get an alias already in use; we'd have to
file some form of trademark violation report to Facebook.  They are not

> As soon as the community is ready to create a Facebook page for Apache
> Flex I will be work with the designated admin to transfer the page.
  I think you made our life more difficult; thanks!

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
Part of the DotComIt Brain Trust

View raw message