From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Petition: Flash Catalyst must survive
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:15:03 GMT
On 1/10/2012 2:48 PM, Doug McCune wrote:
>   When was the last time you saw a company move away
> from Flex to Silverlight or JavaFX? Or make a decision to start a new
> project using Silverlight or JavaFX instead of Flex?

  In early 2011 a client chose Silverlight for one of their projects.  I
was not involved in the decision; but I got to see some political
wrangling afterwards.  One side was saying "This should have been built
in HTML5" and the other side saying "This should have been built in
Flash/Flex."

  I was told that the reason Silverlight was chosen was because it would
allow them to easily port to Android and iOS.  I asked for details, but
was unable to get any specifics.  Ss there a way to use Silverlight to
build iOS/Android apps?  Does Mono allow that?

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur