From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Logo Contest information
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:20:53 GMT
On 1/10/2012 11:03 AM, Peter Elst wrote:
> We're all enthusiastic volunteers wanting to support the project,
> would be careful about setting a precedent for certain things
> deserving compensation.

  I think everything deserves compensation.  Compensation is not the
same as cash, however.  Those of us who are initial contributors are--in
theory--getting compensation in the form of prominence.  And that
"prominence" can help us convince a client we are the right person for
the job; or help spread our name around so we get new clients.

  We could easily argue--and I think it has been stated--that
compensation for the logo design winner should be similar; in that they
get one of their designs out there (with credit) which will make them
more visible to potential clients.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur