From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:19:11 GMT
On 1/6/2012 6:00 PM, Carlos Rovira wrote:
> http://www.carlosrovira.com/apache-flex-logo-proposal-2.png
>
> What do you think? fits better with your expectations?

  This is my favorite one yet; and I feel is superior to your previous
entry; which I also liked.

  I'd love to see the Apache feather integrated into this somehow;
although I'm not sure if it would ruin it; or not.

  I'd suggest making it a single color; and and put it under [or
behind?] Flex using a similar "style" as the text?

  I'm thinking of a concept similar to how the feather was used here:
  http://activemq.apache.org/

  It's not colored, or prominent, but just a simple nod.

  I'm not sure exactly how it'd look to combine the two concepts.

  I'm also not sure how to "simplify" this design to meet the "Square"
requirements for things like twitter icons and the sort.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur