From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Flex mobile components
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 02:52:10 GMT
On 1/5/2012 9:38 PM, Brent Arnold wrote:
> This is something that's been bothering me lately, and since many
> Adobe Flex people are on this list, I wanted to get your feedback.
>
> 1. If Adobe is no longer developing Flex, but Adobe wants to continue
> promoting/developing AIR for mobile, but all of the mobile components
> are written in Flex, what is the future of mobile AIR components from
> Adobe?
> 2. Will we continue to see new mobile Flex components from Adobe?
> 3. Will we see AS3 mobile components from Adobe (rather than built in
> Flex)?

  I expect we will not see any new mobile components coming out of
Adobe.  They do have some more components they are working on that they
said they will donate; but if memory says they are not of the mobile
variety.

> 4, When they promote future AIR mobile content, will they reference
> any new Apache Flex mobile components that we develop?

   It depends what you mean by "content."  If they are focused on
content, such as apps, I would assume they would promote apps with just
a cursory mention of the technology used [if at all].
  When it comes to showing off features of Flash Builder next, I assume
they would mention specific components as applicable.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur