From Brent Arnold <>
Subject Re: Apache Flex community website
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 00:18:40 GMT
That's a good point regarding whether we need a new website. I wasn't
sure what features are available to the community for adding wiki's,
etc. to the existing website. I would consider my site
valuable to the community for things like sharing tutorials, listing
discussions that are beyond the technical side of things.

I'm currently looking into the domain name usage policy here: and
will make sure I comply with everything. An important thing to note is
that this isn't a competing software product or anything of that nature.
In the end, if it's too much legalise, it's not a problem to close the
site down. We're only talking about a $9 domain registration fee. ;-)

On 1/5/12 5:04 PM, Peter Elst wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> As a member of the Flex community I wanted to contribute in some way,
>> and since I'm not an initial committer or anything, I figured I could at
>> least do something like setup and host a website -->
> Thanks for the initiative, I'd propose to just have it redirect to the
> incubator page - don't really see a benefit in having a separate website
> using the trademarks.
> - Peter

View raw message