From "Dimitri k." <k...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: First Flex release as soon as possible? (was: So, what should we do first?)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:57:59 GMT
From: "David Arno" <david@davidarno.org>

>> Maybe it was more the talk about 3.5 Apache release that made me
>> worried we waste some steam on things nobody would use.

>Am I the only one stuck having to use 3.5 / 3.6 then? Or is it more the
>case that there is no benefit in diverting resources to improving Flex 3,
>so why >even bother creating an Apache version of it?

My comment wasn't against a 3.5+ Apache branch. It was against doing a 3.5
Apache release identical to the Adobe release one, like the 4.6 one is seems
everybody seem to agree on.
I know for a fact that lots of people are stuck in 3.x Flex.
Maybe one of the goals should also to adress the why of this situation (perf
issues of Spark, transition issue and Flash Player version issue are the top
reasons I think), and try to see what can be done to minimize this?