From Erik Lundgren <e...@lndgrn.se>
Subject Re: Flex incubation on Apache as Opensource
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:38:11 GMT
"Flex 3 to Flex 4 was a small change compared with what many of us are planning for Apache
Flex: an interface, composition & DI-based framework written in AS3++ targeting JavaScript
and HTML5 no less."

Davids comment made me want to hear more! What will people be working on as the project progresses?

I'm not the most realistic guy in the room (and also not a PPMC-member) so I'm not sure if
I will be able to help you implement stuff. But I would like to help you sell the vision of
A'lex (Apache Flex)!

So tell me!

Are there domain-oriented visions? What do we need for building a great user interface? Why
aren't the current tools good enough? Etc.

Are there implementation-oriented visions? How to pick up speed? How to deploy to the browser?
What about desktop software written in Java, Scala, C++, C#? What about Windows Mobile? Etc.

If this is the wrong time for this dissuasion – just ignore it! ;) Just interested. And
excited. :)

/E.