From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Logo Designs
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:08:56 GMT
(PPMC hat) I did a quick review of last week's thread.

Do we have general consensus on the following:

(1) Vote is 5 points to be distributed to 1 to 5 of the logos as the voter determines.

(2) Vote is open to everyone, but PPMC votes are binding and tabulated separately from the
community. The PPMC is advised to reconsider if the community's opinion differs.

(3) If multiple vote emails are received from any individual then the last one is counted
and previous votes discarded.

(4) There will be multiple rounds of voting.

What criteria do we use to remove logos from next rounds? A suggestion. The bottom half of
logos are removed. If there are an odd number of logos then  the median is kept. (if 27 left
then #14 is kept.) If any remaining logos (including the median) have less than N/2 votes
where N is the number of voters then remove those too.

(5) When do we declare a winner? A simple majority of the votes points cast.

(6) How long is each round? A minimum of 72 hours.

Regards,
Dave

On Jan 18, 2012, at 1:29 PM, Michael Schmalle wrote:

> Quoting Doug Arthur <dougarthur@gmail.com>:
>
>> Mike started the entire voting process and has taken charge of it the
>> entire time. I will put my trust in him to initiate a voting process
>> and define the rules based on feedback received so far from everyone.
>>
>> I would at least, suggest to Mike, that he post a pre-proposal to the
>> voting process, and if no one absolutely rejects, then proceed. The
>> pre-proposal really shouldn't be a discussion, but rather a semi-vote
>> (but not really a vote) to poll if there are any critical rejections
>> whereas the majority don't agree with his direction.
>>
>> My 2 cents...
>> - Doug
>>

> Heh,
>
> I'm going to be honest here, this should have been concluded last week. I tried to get
a consensus just for the plain reason of order, it didn't happen and you have this thread.

> I really don't think I want the target aimed at me on this. I tried my best to keep order
up to this point(website, entires managed) but I really don't feel like making any decisions/proposals
when this should have been agreed to last week.

> To many cooks in the kitchen people. I have also stayed away from this because of the
polarity of PPMC votes to community votes.