From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Re: First Flex release as soon as possible? (was: So, what should we do first?)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:24:43 GMT

On 6 Jan 2012, at 16:20, Michael Schmalle wrote:

> Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:
>

>> On 1/6/12 3:52 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <mike@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>>

>>> What type of component are you thinking about? Is this mainly for
>>> practice mentioning this?
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>> Like your Navigators if you are willing to donate them and they
>> pass review.
>> Yours are apparently "done", ours are close, but not "done".
>>
>> --
>> Alex Harui
>> Flex SDK Team
>> Adobe Systems, Inc.
>> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
>>

> Sure, the Accordion needs to be researched abit I don't have that on
> Git for reasons I think that had to do with animation.
>
> Let me take some time today and check what I have got going with them.
>
> I don't have a problem with that if others want to try them out.
>
> I know I'm using the TabNavigator in applications and I think there
> is one sizing bug in the TabBar horizontal layout (might be a couple
> keyboard issues as well). Also, I think you looked at the code and
> notice they have a bit more functionality in them than probably what
> you would get if Adobe did it (close policy and things like that).
>
> If these did pass review, what license goes on them and copyright
> information? How does that work?
>
> If any body wants to check out what Alex is talking about and give
> me feedback or fork it for now and try some stuff;
>
> https://github.com/teotigraphix/ui-navigator
>
> PS We all know development in OS sometimes might miss things. I made
> these back in 2010 when Spark came out. Please don't hesitate to let
> me know any issues or problems you might have.
>
> Mike

I guess I'd like to put my navigators forward for review as well then
to. They include...

Navigator, DataNavigator, NavigatorGroup, DataNavigatorGroup

...which are all ISelectableLists so can be used as dataProviders to
ButtonBars (so you can easily make a TabNavigator) and can use any of
the following layouts...

StackLayout, CarouselLayout, CoverflowLayout & AccordionLayout.

The layouts can also be used with any other component in the SDK that
layouts can be set on.

Examples
http://www.tink.ws/blog/spark-datanavigators/
http://www.tink.ws/blog/flex-4-navigator/
http://www.tink.ws/blog/coverflowlayout/
http://www.tink.ws/blog/carousellayout/
http://www.tink.ws/blog/accordion-dataaccordion/
http://www.tink.ws/blog/accordionlayout/

Also have a MenuBar that hooks up to them
http://www.tink.ws/blog/menubar/

Source
https://github.com/tinklondon/tink_flash_platform

Presentation