From Robert Cesaric <rob...@cesaric.com>
Subject Re: [LOGO] Robert Cesaric
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:20:37 GMT
I updated my submission with the input.

http://cesaric.com/apache/flex/logo.png

Thanks again,

Rob

On Jan 16, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Dany Dhondt wrote:

> Robert,
>
> I agree with Jeffry concerning the arrow pointing down; + The rectangle logo needs some
more simplifying to get a real icon look.

> Concerning the logo variations you sent: the bottom logo in the second column, with the
unaltered X and the arrow not cutting through the L is WAY BETTER I believe. The arrow is
now stylized but still very recongnizable. The logo gets more 'icon' feel than before. This
looks great.

> Dany
>

> Op 16-jan.-2012, om 20:23 heeft Robert Cesaric het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Dany, I uploaded the designs I as tinkering around with.  Take a look at the bottom
logo in the second column:  http://cesaric.com/apache/flex/Flex_Logo_Designs.png.  I think
that's the variation you mentioned.  I didn't want to carpet bomb the contest with different
versions so I forced myself to choose one.  I'm torn but if anyone else agrees on that variation,
I'll be happy to change my submission.

>> I think a lot of us saw the implementation of using the capital 'F' & 'E" of
FLEX as a way of blending the lettering and design together.  I wasn't opposed to a lowercase
'flex' but similar to Doug McCune's remark, I couldn't make it work in an enterprise way either.
 Not that it can't be, I'm just not that good ;-)

>> Thanks for the input!!
>>
>> -Rob
>>
>> On Jan 16, 2012, at 1:48 PM, Dany Dhondt wrote:
>>
>>> I like this one very much! One of the best so far, IMHO
>>>
>>> A few remarks:
>>> - You face the same problem as Carlos Rovira: the arrow cuts through the L. You
might solve this by just showing the feather on the left and the arrow starting from the E.
I'd try that.
>>> - You modify the shape of the X, which disturbes the typography. Isn't it possible
to leave the X and adapt the arrow? I'm a strong believer in 'don't disturb the type, designers
have spent months to get it right'!

>>> A general remark: why does nobody try a variation with non-capitalized type?
flex instead of FLEX?