From Tink < >
Subject Fix to get DropDownList working on Mobile
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:18:00 GMT
I've but an example up of what I believe could be a very simple fix
for a DropDownList working on mobile (obviously I'll put an AS skin
together if you guys are interested in this fix).

On desktop the item is selected on mouse down and the drop down
closed. This doesn't work on mobile as the user may be scrolling the
list, and therefore the committing of the selected index doesn't
happen until mouse up.

I propose that in the override item_mouseDownHandler and we check the
interactionMode. If it's "touch" we don't set
userProposedSelectedIndex and we DON'T CLOSE the dropDown, not not
touch it carries on as normal, hopefully not introducing any new bugs.

We add an override for,  setSelectedIndex call super then check the
interactionMode. If it's touch, set userProposedSelectedIndex and we
CLOSE the dropDown.