From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Setting up the Apache CMS (was: the Flex website)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 02:09:42 GMT

On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:52 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> I have significant experience using the Apache CMS with the Apache OpenOffice
podling.

>>> See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk and https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>>>
>>> The second is the live www.openoffice.org a huge site of rewrapped html.
>>>
>>> As a Flex Mentor I will certainly help the project get up to speed with the CMS.
>>
>> Could you prepare a skeleton website under
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/site/trunk ?
>>
>> If doing it myself I would use the Stanbol skeleton [1] listed at
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010 , but as you seem to have
>> worked on much more complex CMS-based sites than I have, you might
>> have a better basis to start with.
>>
>> Once that's ready we can create a JIRA issue like
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4277 to ask for the CMS
>> setup.
>
> I will do so this evening. Look for the JIRA issue tomorrow.

I have checked in a skeleton. The JIRA issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4287

I'll provide a write up about what is in the skeleton in the future. Hopefully tomorrow, but
certainly in more detail this weekend.

If someone has starter logo for the project I'll add that in.

Regards,
Dave