From Dany Dhondt <archeme...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [LOGO] Robert Cesaric
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:36:52 GMT
Robert,

I agree with Jeffry concerning the arrow pointing down; + The rectangle logo needs some more
simplifying to get a real icon look.

Concerning the logo variations you sent: the bottom logo in the second column, with the unaltered
X and the arrow not cutting through the L is WAY BETTER I believe. The arrow is now stylized
but still very recongnizable. The logo gets more 'icon' feel than before. This looks great.

Dany

Op 16-jan.-2012, om 20:23 heeft Robert Cesaric het volgende geschreven:

> Dany, I uploaded the designs I as tinkering around with.  Take a look at the bottom logo
in the second column:  http://cesaric.com/apache/flex/Flex_Logo_Designs.png.  I think that's
the variation you mentioned.  I didn't want to carpet bomb the contest with different versions
so I forced myself to choose one.  I'm torn but if anyone else agrees on that variation, I'll
be happy to change my submission.

> I think a lot of us saw the implementation of using the capital 'F' & 'E" of FLEX
as a way of blending the lettering and design together.  I wasn't opposed to a lowercase 'flex'
but similar to Doug McCune's remark, I couldn't make it work in an enterprise way either.
 Not that it can't be, I'm just not that good ;-)

> Thanks for the input!!
>
> -Rob
>
> On Jan 16, 2012, at 1:48 PM, Dany Dhondt wrote:
>
>> I like this one very much! One of the best so far, IMHO
>>
>> A few remarks:
>> - You face the same problem as Carlos Rovira: the arrow cuts through the L. You might
solve this by just showing the feather on the left and the arrow starting from the E. I'd
try that.
>> - You modify the shape of the X, which disturbes the typography. Isn't it possible
to leave the X and adapt the arrow? I'm a strong believer in 'don't disturb the type, designers
have spent months to get it right'!