From Douglas Arthur <dart...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Moving "Best Coding Practices" talks to the flex-user list?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:52:24 GMT
> From: John Gorena [mailto:spaz@killerspaz.com]
>
> Serious question: What is the intent of the flex-users list?

I don't think we need to completely decide that here. Let the users decide how they wil use
it. If we, as PPMC members, decide a topic needs to be moved to the flex-dev list, then we
can moderate it and have the topic moved. But we don't need to decide what it will be used
for, rather we should decide what doesn't belong there. And I agree, this topic of "Best Coding
Practices" does NOT belong there.

But I do think the list should be created now rather than later if it's decided we want one
at all, and there's been plenty of people saying they'll think we'll eventually need it. What's
the worst case? It doesn't get used, and it gets retired? What's wrong with that? But what
if it provides to be useful, then great, we provided the support to the Apache Flex users.

- Doug