From Douglas Arthur <dart...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Flex modularity through composition and interfaces (Dependency Injection)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 00:12:24 GMT
> From: Tink [mailto:flex@tink.ws]
>
> On 5 Jan 2012, at 23:48, Alex Harui wrote:
>
> > Maybe, but you're still using Metadata, for which I am not a fan.
> >
> > --
> > Alex Harui
> > Flex SDK Team
> > Adobe Systems, Inc.
> > http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
> >

> But the metadata would be removed from the final generated AS, just like
> [Bindable] is and replaced with AS.

The one problem I have with Metadata is when doing a code refactor, it does not take into
account the Metadata tags. Thus, it's easier to miss changes that should be made to metadata
when refactoring. That's to say if the Metadata is more complex than things like a simple
[Inject] tag. This was one of the drawbacks I had when using Parsley, although I really enjoyed
what Parsley did for me.

- Doug