From Douglas Arthur <dart...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Flex SDK code conventions
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 00:00:32 GMT

I'm going to have to disagree on not reformatting the existing codebase. I've been in this
situation before and understand it does cause some issues with past comparisons, but the goal
is to hopefully move forward and not have to be doing much of that. At worst case, two previous
revisions can be compared against each other, and then the revision in question can be compared
to the initially imported and formatted revision, which wouldn't have any changes other than
re-formatting. This way going forward, all the code is consistent and can be easily followed
along with. In the long run, this solution has proven to be very valuable and productive in
my experience.

I agree with all your other points.

- Doug