From Douglas Arthur <dart...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 23:35:24 GMT
+1 this idea. And to add my 2 cents on the logo, I like the a simple and elegant logo as well,
but I think including the feather does not take away from that as long as it's not overpowering.
- Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: João Saleiro [mailto:joao.saleiro@webfuel.pt]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:29 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: FLEX Logo Sketch

I think the logo should be very simple, but at the same time transmit some idea/emotion that
describes Flex.

For example, for me the three words that identify Flex are:

  * User Experience
  * Ubiquity / Cross-platform
  * Enterprise

These could be a starting point for inspiration on the new logo.

IMHO, like it was said before on the ML, I think we should open a public "contest" for the
new logo limited in time (5 days?). At the end we put all the proposals in a web page for
voting. This would not only give more choice to choose from, but also raise awareness around
the fact that Flex now belongs to the community. What do you think?

João Saleiro
@joaosaleiro