From Douglas Arthur <dart...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Apache Flex source code - timeline for the initial code contribution
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:21:07 GMT
As long as you're creating a true dump via "svnadmin dump", it can be loaded with "svnadmin
load", thus preserving the history. This will not force the revision number to start over
at 0. Revisions will continue to be able to be compared to previous revisions, etc...

I'm not sure how it's handled here to migrate it, but as long as whoever migrates it can use
"svnadmin load" there should be nothing to worry about.

- Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:55 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Flex source code - timeline for the initial code contribution

Hi Bertrand,

It looks like we can get an svn dump.  Some questions though:

1) Some of our svn history contains references to revisions as in: "syncing rev 12345 to trunk"
or "reverting 12345".  My understanding is that these revision numbers will no longer reference
anything useful once the dump is imported.  How have other projects managed such a thing?

2) Similarly, our JIRA bugs reference svn revisions as in "fixed in rev 12345".  How have
other project managed this?

Thanks,
-Alex

--