From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: metadata
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:20:45 GMT
Quoting Martin Heidegger <mh@leichtgewicht.at>:

> @Michael: Wasn't there some kind of compiler change regarding this?
> I can't properly recall it.
>
> However: As far as I know: the standard meta tags (like bindable) do
> get compiled into the code and are readable with describeType. swfs
> are readable like external files with the proper tools, which is why
> swc inspection works in FlexBuilder, FDT, etc. If you put them in an
> external file you'd make it easier to tamper and break running code.
>
> yours
> Martin.

The Bindable etc, are included in the main build.

whiteboard/frameworks/build_framework.xml

In the core, framework and mx targets.

<compc ...
    <keep-as3-metadata name="Bindable"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="Managed"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="ChangeEvent"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="NonCommittingChangeEvent"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="Transient"/>
</compc>

As far as the compiler change, I don't know.

Mike