From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: metadata
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 10:41:10 GMT
Quoting Haykel BEN JEMIA <haykelbj@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I know, most of the standard metadata defined through the
> standard metadata tags (Event, Style, Inspectable etc.) is mainly used by
> Flash Builder for auto-completion and in the design view. Is this data
> included in the compiled swf? If yes, would it make sense to define them
> outside of the source code, e.g. in an XML file parsed by Flash Builder and
> other IDEs, to make the size of compiled swfs smaller? I'm not talking
> about metadata used at runtime, like Parsley and Swiz metadata.

Hi, only metadata that is defined with the -keep metadata flag is
compiled into the SWF. The three you listed will never be kept. You
have to think of metadata as annotations. The style, event etc are
actually annotating the class.

Since metadata is so widely used in other frameworks, I don't think it
would make sense creating yet another file to keep track of class
annotations.

Mike