From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: OSGi bundle Plugin registry system
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:21:44 GMT
Ray,

BTW, I think I might remember you from the forums back with Flex 3 and
potomac. I had done a lot of work with it and creating a UI framework
off of it.

I actually had a lot of blog posts about potomac but, I think at that
time it was so tied to Flex Builder(at the time of first release it
was Flex Builder) it didn't get a lot of exposure.

I know he put a huge amount of work into it. I wonder what his plans
are these days.

Mike

Quoting Ramon Donnell <rayn95@gmail.com>:

> The current version of potomac is not dependent on eclipse, ie you can
> build project using the potomac ant plugins.
> If you use flash builder the potomac eclipse plugin is required to build.
>
> -ray
>

> On 19 January 2012 07:57, Michael Schmalle <mike@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>
>> I used this from the beginning of it and knew Chris.
>>
>> Did he ever get the dependency of Eclipse out of it?
>>
>> That is the problem I had with it was it needed Eclipse to build and
>> relied on metadata.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> Quoting Ramon Donnell <rayn95@gmail.com>:
>>
>>  Have a look at
>> http://www.potomacframework.**org/<http://www.potomacframework.org/>.
>>> Development has stalled
>>> since flex 4.1, but has much potential.
>>> Potomac includes OSGI like eclipse plugin, extension points, DI,
>>> bundle/module management, assets management.
>>> I've been using it on a large enterprise flex project with 80+ bundles
>>> with
>>> lots of success.
>>>
>>> Ramon Donnell
>>>

>>> On 19 January 2012 07:16, Rick Winscot <rick.winscot@gmail.com> wrote: