From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: OSGi bundle Plugin registry system
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:03:13 GMT
Yeah what he said.

And in older versions I was using a link report as a manifest that the
bundle service would scan to find out if it needed to actually active
the bundle, IE load the classes.

The is straight from Eclipse in an environment of plugins that could
easily have collisions and version number conflicts.

I only wanted to start this adventure if other people knew where I was
coming from, having to explain why you would want to create a bundle
registry and extension registry is beyond the scope of having to
convince people.

Either you have worked with a system like this or have used things
such as Parsley or something which I haven't used.

The purpose of this was to see if any one was interested in a
standardization that went along with some of the OSGi standards and
left out application frameworks.

Mike