From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: OSGi bundle Plugin registry system
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:53:33 GMT
Outside obviously. :)

I think I can see the future and Apache Flex needs multiple sub trunks
IE sub projects.

If you think about the amount of wasted momentum Flex has had over the
last 4 years with code here, there and everywhere. Apache Flex needs
to say our core value is consolidating code that can be used by many
and we support that. GIT is fine for independent projects but I think
if there is enough interest in the community for something that will
enhance the flex SDK we need to figure out a way to consolidate these
projects under our project.

Doing this will only exponentially increase the traction of all our
efforts. If this doesn't happen, Apache Flex than does what Adobe did,
community last SDK first.

Were not talking about an application framework here, its a runtime
component framework that application frameworks can expose and use.

Mike

PS I'm happy just using this stuff in my projects as well, I'm just
interested in the communities definitions right now.

By no means is the way I did it the "right way" but, I do know the
power of this pattern and it hasn't been exposed in Flex which is a
shame.