From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Renaming packages (was IView & ViewNavigator)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:06:04 GMT
Quoting David Arno <david@davidarno.org>:

> In the code that Tink has committed, he has renamed the packages to
> org.apache.spark.components. Is this something we want to be doing? Does it
> gain us anything to offset the considerable work it will cause the community
> in modifying all their imports?
>
> And as the above might sound negative, I'll counter it by saying brilliant
> job Tink is starting us on the road to making Flex better :)
>
> David.

It was mentioned that the whiteboard, packages don't matter right now.
Alex had pointed out that if things in the whiteboard get merged into
the trunk, things like TabNavigator will end up in spark.components.

The whiteboard is for ideas. The only problem I see is agreeing on
what packages should be called in the whiteboard before the first
commit, so you are not changing the packages when people have already
checked out the source code.

Is this what you were referring to David?

Mike