From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PPMC members to decide voting procedure
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:31:10 GMT
Quoting João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com>:

> On 12 January 2012 18:52, Randy Troppmann <randy.troppmann@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > voting limited to PPMC members?
>>
>> What is PPMC members and does that mean I don't get to vote?
>>
>> - Randy
>>

> PPMC  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html :)
> I hope the votes aren't restricted to PPMCs but follow the Apache way where
> community can vote but as (no-binding)
>
> --
>
> João Fernandes

You guys are taking this all wrong, don't shoot the messenger here. I
don't have an opinion either way on this but if you read through
threads, there are others that do.

All I was trying to do is get it nailed down so there is no cluster
bomb that turns into two sides. If you notice what I have been doing
on this list, it has been trying to clear things up and get them
cemented so they are clear to the community.

To Randy,

I was the one that wrote in logo-contest.html;

"""
Your proposal link will be published on the Flex Incubation website
here next to the other proposals. On a date to be specified the
community will choose the new logo through voting on the Apache Flex
Development Mailing List.
"""

I know I'm capable of voting for a logo, what you said could be
offensive to some.

The above quote is WHAT I was trying to clear up because I saw divide
happening between members and community.

Mike